This is a guest blog post by Wilhelmina Peragine, VSA Teaching Artist and Parkolation Visionary.
Dear VSA Community,
Thank you for your tremendous support of the Parkolation Project this year. Because of you and our many partners, we just finished the first student-designed, fully accessible, sustainable parklet in Boston!
The late educator and philosopher, Maxine Green, encouraged us to imagine the world as if it were otherwise. This project set out to do just that by giving young people of all abilities opportunities to dream, design and build creative solutions to real world problems.
Come check out what you helped make possible at 506 Park Drive, Boston where you can:
- buy lunch at our parklet partner restaurant, Mei Mei and eat outside
- roll some moveable seats into any configuration
- stand and eat or read at the study bar while you charge your phone with the sun
- enjoy our little garden, fed by student-made compost
- park your bike, upright
- join us in re-imagining and building a greener and more artful future for all
Follow us on Twitter @parkolation and please keep in touch!Tweet