Tag overview for: 'theater'
Entries on this site with 'theater'
- Upcoming Accessible Performances
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time ASL Performance Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 2pm Online Tickets The King and I Open Captioned Performance Saturday, April
- ASL, Sensory Friendly, Audio Described Performances of "Seussical"
Open Door Theater of Acton presents it's production of Seussical, the fun and fantastic musical adventure, which features many of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters includ
- Open Captioned, Audio Described, and ASL Performances of "Something Rotten!"
Set in 1595, this hilarious smash tells the story of Nick and Nigel Bottom, two brothers who are desperate to write a hit play. When a local soothsayer foretells that the
- Access to Theatre Summer Institute
Do you want to be an actor, dancer, rapper, musician, poet, or visual artist? Do you want to work with other artists and challenge yourself creatively? Come express your
- Blue Man Group Hosts Sensory-Friendly Show
Blue Man Group Boston will be hosting a sensory-friendly show Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 11am, collecting donations at shows at the Charles Playhouse for Autism Speaks. Blue
- Huntington Theatre Company Presents "I Was Most Alive with You"
The Huntington Theatre Company presents a world premiere play by award-winning playwright Craig Lucas, "I Was Most Alive with You". "I Was Most Alive with You" is the firs
- ASL Interpreted, Sensory Friendly, and Audio Described Performances of Peter Pan at Open Door Theater
Open Door Theater of Acton, MA presents Peter Pan April 1 through April 10, 2016. While all performances are open captioned, special performances include: ASL Interpreted
- Open Captioned, ASL Interpreted, Audio Described Performances at Boston Opera House
THE SOUND OF MUSIC Open Captioned Saturday April 2, 2016 at 2pm THE SOUND OF MUSIC Audio Described Saturday April 3, 2016 at 1pm THE SOUND OF MUSIC ASL Interpreted Saturda
- Boston Creates - Town Hall Meeting
After sharing the initial findings from the community engagement phase back in November, the Boston Creates team has been hard at work analyzing the data and refining the
- Sensory-Friendly Performance of "Lollipops for Breakfast"
VSA teaching artist Bonnie Duncan performs a sensory-friendly version of her show "Lollipops for Breakfast" Sunday, January 17, 2016 at Charlestown Working Theater. Some o
- American Repertory Theater Accessible Performances
The following is American Repertory Theater's (A.R.T.) schedule of upcoming accessible performances: The Pirate Princess Sensory Friendly: December 28, 2015 2:00pm Natasha
- Autism-Friendly Performance of A Christmas Carol at Hanover Theatre
The Hanover Theatre is partnering with the New England Chapter of Autism Speaks, Theatre Development Fund, HMEA's Autism Resource Central and VSA Massachusetts to offer an
- Help Shape Boston's Creative Community
Boston Creates , Boston's cultural planning process, draws from a theoretical framework of creative capital, developed by WolfBrown . Creative capital is based on the ide
- Company One Theatre's "Colossal"
Last November we blogged that Company One Theatre was seeking a wheelchaired actor for it's production of Colossal. They found the right guy and we'd like to think our po
- Non-verbal Theatre and Puppetry - "Yellow Bird Chase" on Boston Common
A clownish maintenance crew finds a magical yellow bird. Seeing its value, they try to capture the bird, but it escapes and a great chase begins. Racing over land, acros
- Blue Man Group Sensory-Friendly Performance
On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 11am, minor production changes will make the Blue Man Group show more sensory-friendly, including the reduction of sound and light levels at
- StageSource 2015 Theater Conference
StageSource is holding their biennial theater conference at the Opera House. It promises to be a terrific day of programming with a keynote by Julie Burros , the new chie
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company Presents ASL-Interpreted Romeo and Juliet
Verona is a city marked by a violent feud between two rival families: the Montagues and the Capulets. As the bloodshed rises to its peak, Romeo Montague and Juliet Capule
- ASL/Audio-Described Shrek The Musical at Wheelock Family Theatre
The 2008 Broadway smash about a horrible ogre, a feisty princess and a garrulous donkey, Shrek the Musical simultaneously subverts and fulfills fairy-tale expectations. W
- Liars & Believers Free Staged Reading of "Who Would be King"
Violence and betrayal, angels and prophets, villains and kings . . . and rubber chickens. Who rises to rule and how far will he fall in the great clown kingdom of Who Woul
- Shrek The Musical - ASL-Interpreted, Sensory-Friendly, and Audio-Described Performances
The Open Door Theater in Acton, Mass. presents "Shrek The Musical" March 20 - 29, 2015 with the following inclusive performances: - ASL-interpreted Sunday, March 22, 2015
- Boston Conservatory's Autism-Friendly Performance of "The Pajama Game"
The Boston Conservatory Theater invites you an autism friendly performance of The Pajama Game . This is a special performance for families and friends of those who have b
- Liars & Believers Present "Talk to Strangers" at OBERON, Harvard Square
Do you Talk to Strangers? In splintering politics, deep-niche music genres, the solace of twitter and the loneliness of a bus stop, we are all looking for connection – you
- ASL-Interpreted "Motown the Musical" at Boston Opera House
It began as one man's story . . . became everyone's music . . . and is now Broadway's musical. MOTOWN THE MUSICAL is the true American dream story of Motown founder Berry
- ASL/Audio-Described "Pinocchio" at Wheelock Family Theatre
Wheelock Family Theatre presents the world premiere of an original adaptation by Steven Bogart and Wendy Lement. Pinocchio's tale illustrates the challenges and struggles
- Sensory-Friendly Family Performance of "The Light Princess" at American Repertory Theater
The Light Princess is a whimsical new musical based on George MacDonald's fairy tale about a princess who is cursed to not have any gravity. The king and queen must help
- Hanover Theatre in Worcester Presents ASL-Interpreted Shows
The Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts will be presenting several American Sign Language interpreted shows which includes one that will also have enhanced audio descr
- Free Online Professional Development Course about El Sistema
A joint project by the Annenberg Institute and WNET was recently released: The Power of Music , a free online professional development course about El Sistema. El Sistema
- Company One Theatre Seeks Wheelchaired Actor for Production of "Colossal"
The beauty and brutality of football seduce Mike to stray from the path his father had mapped out for him, but when a standard play goes catastrophically wrong, Mike has t
- ASL/Audio-Described "Alice" at Wheelock Family Theatre
Wheelock Family Theatre presents the professional premiere of a new musical written and directed by Andrew Barbato. Based on the books "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
- CapeCodCAN! Flash Mob and Musical Revue
Waiting for Oscar sampler at the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum , 397 Main Street. One Night Only! Friday, October 17, 2014 at 6:30pm Arrive early to catch a Flash Mob P
- True Story Theater Presents "Visible and Invisible: Stories of Disabilities"
Within ourselves, how do we face our limitations . . . and discover new strengths? When we deal with people's reactions to disability, how do we handle painful ignorance
- Autism-Friendly performance of The Lion King
Autism Speaks has partnered with Broadway In Boston and Disney Theatrical Productions to provide a unique theatre experience for individuals and families impacted by autis
- 2014 Boston Theatre Expo - Accessible, ASL-Interpretors Available
Greater Boston theatre companies of all styles and sizes will unite on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 in the Cyclorama at the Boston Center for the Arts ( 539 Tremont Street,
- Sensory-Friendly Performances at Barrington Stage Company
Barrington Stage Company of Pittsfield, MA is presenting two sensory-friendly performances this season. Hairspray Jr. - August 2, 2014 at 12:30pm Dancing Lessons - August
- Downloads for All!
Some great document downloads provided to us by various sources: VSA International's Playwright Discovery Guide and Teacher Resource Guide - Visual Art EdVestors' The Arts
- My Recent Experience With Deaf-Blind Theater
This is a guest blog post by Matthew Harrington, Front of House Operations Coordinator, ArtsEmerson: The World On Stage. This past April, ArtsEmerson: The World On Stage (
- Alternatives and Stepping Stone Community Theatre Present Godspell, Junior
Godspell Junior features the international hit "Day by Day" and many other well known songs. Showtimes: June 20 and 21, 2014 at 7:30 PM and June 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM Recept
- Cape Cod C.A.N! Presents Hollywood Musical Revue "Waiting for Oscar"
The promise of Oscar Night in Mayfield turns the small town upside down as performers prepare for the big event. The show features performances by people representing ten
- Wheelock Family Theatre Presents ASL-Interpreted & Relaxed "Where the Mountain Meets the Moon"
Wheelock Family Theatre presents ASL-Interpreted and Relaxed for Patrons with Sensory Sensitivities performances of "Where the Mountain Meets the Moon". Inspired by her fa
- Circus Artist Defies Multiple Sclerosis in New Puppetry Performance
Puppet Showplace Theatre's "Puppets at Night" series presents the Boston premiere of "Reverse Cascade," a powerful theatrical tribute to circus artist Judy Finelli , who r
- Wheelock Family Theatre to Receive Deaf and Hard of Hearing Outstanding Organization Award
Wheelock Family Theatre will receive an Outstanding Organization Award during Deaf and Hard of Hearing Constituents' Day at the State House. This award is undoubtedly due
- Broadway in Boston Presents Audio Described Performances
Once Sunday January 19, 2014 Tickets $33 Flash Dance Sunday March 23, 2014 Citi Performing Arts Wang Center Tickets starting at $33 The Book of Mormon Sunday April 13, 201
- A.R.T. Announces 2014 ASL and Audio Described Performances
American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) has scheduled American Sign Language (ASL) interpreted performances and Audio Described performances for the 2014 season at the Loeb Dr
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Deborah Kronenberg
I use theatre techniques as tools for all students to deeply engage in content, making their own meaning as part of a student-centered, strengths-based community of artist
- Alternatives & Valley CAST Sponsor One-Act Play Festival
Alternatives and Valley CAST have come together to sponsor the One-Act Play Festival on the Mumford and they are encouraging everyone to join them in celebrating actors of
- Hanover Theatre Presents Numerous ASL-Interpreted Shows
The Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts has announced a number of American Sign Language interpreted shows they will be presenting. In addition, the theatre always of
- Autism-Friendly Performance of Oklahoma at Boston Conservatory
The Boston Conservatory presents an Autism-Friendly performance of the musical "Oklahoma" in the Boston Conservatory Theater at 31 Hemenway Street, Boston. For detailed in
- Artweek Boston Events Include Open Door Gallery's Theatrical Presentation of Kimball Anderson's "I don't get it"
ArtWeek Boston is an initiative of the Citi Performing Arts Center , whose mission is to be a champion for nonprofit innovation in Boston and provide arts and entertainmen
- With Two Sold Out ASL-Interpreted Performances of "Tribes", SpeakEasy Adds Third
Speakeasy Stage Company has now added a third ASL-Interpreted performance of "Tribes" as the originally scheduled two performances have sold out. The new date is Sunday,
- ASL-Interpreted Performance of Potted Potter at Paramount Center Mainstage
Critically acclaimed Potted Potter , The Unauthorized Harry Experience, A Parody by Dan and Jeff comes to Boston after a hugely successful tour. All seven Harry Potter bo
- ASL-Interpreted Performance of TRIBES at SpeakEasy Stage Company
SpeakEasy Stage Company presents the New England premiere of TRIBES , the hit London and Off-Broadway drama by Nina Raine, from September 13 through October 12, 2013. Ther
- Broadway in Boston Seeks Open-Captioned, ASL Interpreted, and Audio Described Programming Assistance
A message from Broadway in Boston: We strive to present Open-Captioned, American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted, and Audio Described performances each season. As the 201
- SpeakEasy Stage Company Holding Auditions for TRIBES
SpeakEasy Stage Company describes TRIBES as: Born deaf into a garrulous academic family, Billy was pushed to assimilate into the hearing world as best he could by reading
- ASL Interpreted Puppet Show at Boston Children’s Museum
Boston Children's Museum presents "Raccoon Tales" by Puppet Showplace Theatre and their Artist in Residence: Brad Shur . The animals in the forest are always getting into
- Broadway and Beyond Revisited
Cape Cod CAN's three January performances of Broadway and Beyond at The Cotuit Center for the Arts sold out! Now's your chance to revisit the experience one night only at
- "Distracted" By Lisa Loomer at Central Square Theater
Distracted by Lisa Loomer and directed by Wesley Savick will be presented May 9 - June 2, 2013 by Underground Railway Theater, at Central Square Theater. Distracted poses
- Internship Opportunity
Williamstown Theatre Festival is excited to announce a partnership with the Rosemary Kennedy Internship Initiative / VSA that will fund scholarships for young theatre arti
- Follow-up to January Performance of "The Mountaintop"
Maurice Parent and Kami Smith in Underground Railway Theater's production of "The Mountaintop" by Katori Hall, January 2013. Photo by A.R. Sinclair Photography. This is a
- "Jersey Boys" Audio Described 2/16/2013 and Open Captioned 2/23/2013
Jersey Boys, the Tony Award-winning Best Musical of 2006, takes you up the charts, across the country and behind the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Discover
- Sister Act - Open Captioned, ASL Interpreted, Audio Described
Sister Act is Broadway’s feel-amazing musical comedy smash! The New York Post calls it "RIDICULOUSLY FUN," and audiences are jumping to their feet in total agreement! Fe
- ASL-Interpreted "Invisible Man" At Huntington Theatre
Huntington Theatre Company will present ASL-interpreted Invisible Man on Friday, January 25th at 8pm. Tickets are $15.00 for each Deaf or hard-of-hearing patron and one g
- The Mountaintop - ASL Interpreted Performance
ASL Interpreted Performance of The Mountaintop at Central Square Theater , 450 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, Saturday, January 26 2013, 3pm The date is April 3, 1968. Ha
- ASL-Interpreted Performance of Arabian Nights
Enter ancient Persia and be transformed by the power of storytelling – again! The Nora Theatre Company and Underground Railway Theater revive their award-winning producti
- CapeCodCAN! Presents Broadway and Beyond
Broadway and Beyond is a musical revue of song, dance, poetry and beyond . . . bringing us back from the future to the heyday of Broadway and celebrating the capabilities
- Huntington Theatre's "Our Town" ASL Interpreted
Obie Award-winning visionary director David Cromer brings his groundbreaking and critically acclaimed new version of the beloved, Pulitzer Prize-winning Our Town to the Hu
- Hanover Theatre Offers ASL Interpretation of A Christmas Carol
We previously blogged about Hanover Theatre's Broadway Series and the commitment to provide ASL interpreters. "A Christmas Carol" has been added to the list of ASL interp
- Meet Me at the Coolidge . . . and Make Memories
ARTZ - Artists for Alzheimer's and Coolidge Corner Theatre present an interactive film program for people with memory loss and their care partners. Meet Me at the Coolidge
- CANE Workshop - "Making Your Theatre More Welcoming to People with Disabilities"
- "Bob the Show" in Hanover MA, Thursday, November 8 2012
We blogged about "Bob the Show" previously but wanted to point out a newly scheduled, local performance at the Cardinal Cushing Center in Hanover MA, Thursday, November 8
- War Horse: Open-Captioned, ASL, and Audio Described Performances
Broadway in Boston presents "War Horse" at the Boston Opera House: - Open-Captioned and ASL Interpreted Saturday, October 20 at 2pm - Audio Described Sunday, October 21 at
- Sensory Friendly Performances - Webinar Thurday, October 4
TYA/USA, the US chapter for professional theatre for young people around the globe, will be holding a webinar on sensory-friendly performances. The hope is to reveal what
- Worcester's Hanover Theatre Offers ASL Interpretations of Broadway Series
The Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts announced its commitment to provide American Sign Language interpreters as one of its many new initiatives. The theatre alread
- A.R.T. Announces 2012-13 ASL and Audio Described Performances
American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) has scheduled American Sign Language (ASL) interpreted performances and Audio Described performances for productions during the 2012-13
- Fractured Atlas and Living History Programs Present:
When mental illness comes home, the entire family has special needs. New York Writer/Actress Anne Pasquale, originally from Rhode Island, has written a play to capture her
- ASL Performance of Shakespeare's "Coriolanus"
Commonwealth Shakespeare Company presents an ASL performance of "Coriolanus" at the Boston Common, Saturday August 11, 2012 at 8pm. The play charts the rise and fall of a
- Billy Elliot - Open Captioned and ASL Interpreted Performance!
Sunday, August 5 at 1pm Get tickets in person: Boston Opera House Box Office, 539 Washington St., Boston Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm By phone: 617-880-2419 or TTY: 617-426-
- Workshops for ASL Coaches
Saturday August 4, 2012 - Boston University Center for Interpreter Education presents: Translating Shakespearean Text into Sign . Sunday August 5, 2012 - Boston University
- Access to Theatre Youth Perform at the Boston Center for the Arts
Access to Theatre (ATT), a program of Partners for Youth with Disabilities, in partnership with the Boston Center for the Arts (BCA), Until Tomorrow Productions, and VSA M
- GIMP Aerial Silk Duet
In association with Alliger Arts and the Institute of Contemporary Art, VSA Massachusetts presented the aerial silk duet choreographed by the renowned choreographer Heidi
- Live Webcast of Theater Breaking Through Barriers
Watch a Live Webcast of Theater Breaking Through Barriers Tuesday July 24, 6:00pm ET. VSA & Accessibility Department of The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts presents
- Free Fun Fridays
The Highland Street Foundation is sponsoring "Free Fun Fridays" throughout Massachusetts, June 29 through August 31. Attractions include: Tanglewood, Isabella Stewart Gard
- ASL Community Event Featuring LOVE PERSON Playwright
Company One will host an ASL Community Event featuring LOVE PERSON playwright Aditi Brennan Kapil and production team members. The conversation, followed by discussion wi
- "Love Person"
Love Person is a transcendent four-part love story told in Sanskrit, American Sign Language, English and email. Two couples are rocked to their cores when love unexpected
- First Night Worcester Issues Call for Artists
First Night Worcester issued a "Call for Artists" for the 2013 New Year's Eve celebration. Information and application form are available as a PDF download. The deadline