Tag overview for: 'student'
Entries on this site with 'student'
- NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
Thanks to a generous contribution from NBCUniversal, the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is proud to offer the NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Schol
- Seeking Research Participants - Exploring the Adaptive Process of Artists with Acquired Disability
Kerry Cottle, Occupational Therapy student at the University of New Hampshire, contacted us hoping we could assist with her honors thesis. Kerry is seeking participants f
- Scholarship Opportunities
Summer Experiential Learning Fellowships in Disability Policy Research Deadline: February 13, 2015 RiSE Scholarship Foundation For high school students who learn different
- Arts in Special Education Consortium Launches Resources Section
The Arts in Special Education Consortium recently announced their launch of a Resources Section . Browse through seven different categories, ranging from Specific Disabili
- Thank You from The Parkolation Team
Thank you for helping students re-envision and build a healthier city! Michelle Chung, our extraordinarily patient and talented volunteer videographer, created this Thank
- Help Parkolation Come to Life - Back Our Kickstarter Project
Help our students bring their ideas for a greener Boston to life by supporting the construction of a parklet in downtown Boston. Learn more about the Kickstarter project a
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Tim Van Egmond
My work as a teaching artist involves lighting up students' imaginations, and bringing out their unique expressions of creativity in whatever area of learning we're explor
- Parkolation Portfolio Show
Come meet Student Designers as they share their work from the Fall Semester with VSA MA Teaching Artist Wilhelmina Peragine at Boston Green Academy . Student made models o
- COOL Schools 2012-2013 Report Now Available
The air is crisp, school supplies are arriving on store shelves and the VSA MA team is gearing up for another great year of transformation through the arts in our COOL Sch
- We Have a Dream of Inclusion
VSA intern Julia Beck filmed this video at our partner, The Henderson Inclusion School, a few weeks ago during their Black History Month Show. We think it's pretty awesom
- Arts as Antidote for Academic Ills - New York Times
New York Times, 12/18/2012 Written by Patricia Cohen Photo by Kirsten Luce Stationed in front of one of his large self-portraits, the artist Chuck Close raised his customi
- Violinist With One Hand Inspires Young Musicians - Boston Globe
Boston Globe, 12/20/2012 Written by Geoff Edgers/Globe Reporter Photo by Josh Reynolds The first time the students saw Adrian Anantawan play his violin, they were stunned.
- Bill Henderson Interviewed on WGBH Radio by Callie Crossley
Bill Henderson, VSA MA consultant and former principal of Boston's O'Hearn School (renamed Henderson School in his honor) was interviewed 10/19/2011 on WGBH radio by Calli
- COOL Schools 2011-2012 Report Released
The VSA MA 2011-2012 COOL Schools Education Report has been released and is available for all to review and download .
- "Start with the Arts" PDFs Now Available!
"Start with the Arts" and "Start with the Arts at Home" are instructional programs created by VSA for pre-school and early elementary school learners that uses the arts to
- Job Opportunities for Teaching Artists
VSA Massachusetts is seeking teaching artists who are interested in creating arts-integrated learning experiences for students of all abilities. We currently have opportun
- Back to School Special Open House - Academic Tools
The Assistive Technology Regional Center (ATRC) will host a free Open House with hands-on opportunities to see and try out various academic tools such as Kurzweill 3000, L
- VSA's Education Manager Nicole Agois Hurel
VSA Massachusetts Education Manager Nicole Agois Hurel speaks with BNN News about VSA's education programs and the positive impact of expanding access to the arts.
- Henderson Inclusion School Featured In BNN Video
BNN (Boston Neighborhood News) aired this video May 13, 2011 about the Henderson Inclusion Elementary School and the arts-based teaching strategies developed with VSA.
- Bill Henderson authors "The Blind Advantage"
Bill Henderson, VSA Mass. consultant and former principal of Boston's O'Hearn School (renamed Henderson School), has authored a book titled "The Blind Advantage - How Goin
- VSA MA Student of the Month - Sheila Richards
The VSA MA Student of the Month initiative was launched to celebrate the accomplishments of students who have exhibited significant artistic, social or academic growth thr
- Keep Schools COOL As The Summer Heats Up!
Dear Blog Reader, As the summer starts to heat up I am happy to reflect on the successful introduction of our COOL Schools program! The name comes from our belief that in
- CVS Caremark and VSA Announce 2012 All Kids Can CREATE Exhibition
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) –– VSA, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and CVS Caremark All Kids Can have announced the 102 students of all abilities that will be
- Congratulations to Abebe Ticktin from the Henderson Inclusion Elementary School for being named VSA Massachusetts Student of the Month!
The VSA MA Student of the Month award celebrates the accomplishments of students who have exhibited significant artistic, social or academic growth throughout their partic