Tag overview for: 'inclusive'
Entries on this site with 'inclusive'
- Performing Arts and Disability: Leadership, Inclusion, and Training Symposium
The BU Arts Initiative, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The BU Dance Program, and BU Disability Services host the critically acclaimed AXIS Dance Co
- ASL, Sensory Friendly, Audio Described Performances of "Seussical"
Open Door Theater of Acton presents it's production of Seussical, the fun and fantastic musical adventure, which features many of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters includ
- Dance Performance by Abilities Dance
Ellice Patterson of Abilities Dance writes: Abilities Dance was created to provide a professional platform for dancers of all physical abilities. We create the choreograp
- Symposium on Art for Cultural Inclusion
Co-hosted by Arts Connect International and UMass Boston, this innovative symposium showcases the work of ACI's artists, local artists, as well as some of the talent of th
- ICA Seeks Performers for Heidi Latsky's "ON DISPLAY: A Movement Installation"
Heidi Latsky Dance and Boston's Institute of Contemporary Art are seeking a diverse and unconventional cast including people of all ages, with and without disabilities, to
- Arts Connect International Recruiting for Artist-in-Residence Program
Arts Connect International launched it's applications for the 2016 - 2017 Artist-in-Residence program. Do you have a vision for social change? Do you know of great artis
- ASL Interpreted, Sensory Friendly, and Audio Described Performances of Peter Pan at Open Door Theater
Open Door Theater of Acton, MA presents Peter Pan April 1 through April 10, 2016. While all performances are open captioned, special performances include: ASL Interpreted
- Open Captioned, ASL Interpreted, Audio Described Performances at Boston Opera House
THE SOUND OF MUSIC Open Captioned Saturday April 2, 2016 at 2pm THE SOUND OF MUSIC Audio Described Saturday April 3, 2016 at 1pm THE SOUND OF MUSIC ASL Interpreted Saturda
- Big Apple Circus - Circus of the Senses
From Boston Mayor's Commission for Persons with Disabilities Big Apple Circus THE GRAND TOUR City Hall Plaza | Boston, MA March 24 - May 8 Special Shows for Special Audien
- Cultural Access New England Workshop: "Engaging People of All Abilities Through Inclusive Digital Media"
Increasingly, cultural institutions are relying on their web sites, online and social media, and multimedia tour guides to welcome their visitors. Hear how your digital a
- Call for Essays - Storytelling as a Strategy for Creating Inclusive Classrooms
Bank Street College of Education seeks to draw attention to the use of storytelling as a critical strategy for creating a new, expanded conversation about inclusive classr
- Vocal Ensemble for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum and Their Families
The Boston Conservatory is introducing the Inner Harmony Chorus , a new vocal ensemble for individuals on the autism spectrum and their family and friends. Conducted by a
- Sensory-Friendly Performance of "Lollipops for Breakfast"
VSA teaching artist Bonnie Duncan performs a sensory-friendly version of her show "Lollipops for Breakfast" Sunday, January 17, 2016 at Charlestown Working Theater. Some o
- A Conversation: Advancing Inclusion in Our Schools
Streamed live December 16, 2015. Focus on inclusion in our schools. The National Parent Teacher Association, the Department of Education, and educators came together to d
- Walk! Run! Come Have Fun! - AbilityFest
Join us at Institute Park in Worcester October 18, 2015 starting at 10am for AbilityFest. Join a diverse community of Seven Hills friends, families and supporters as we c
- Symposium on Art for Cultural Inclusion
An innovative symposium and pop-up artist exhibition which showcases the work of Arts Connect International (ACI) Artist Leaders; catalyzing conversations on inclusion in
- Celebrate 25 Years of the ADA in Worcester
Seven Hills Foundation is a proud sponsor of the City of Worcester's 25th Anniversary Celebration of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on Saturday, July 25, 2015 f
- Massachusetts Cultural Council's UP Webinar Series
The Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) is putting inclusive design at the center of its work with cultural organizations across the Commonwealth with the creation of its
- Low Vision Technology Fair
Vendors from various low vision companies will be on hand to show their latest devices in the area of low vision and blindness. Tuesday, June 9, 2015 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Ea
- ASL/Audio-Described Shrek The Musical at Wheelock Family Theatre
The 2008 Broadway smash about a horrible ogre, a feisty princess and a garrulous donkey, Shrek the Musical simultaneously subverts and fulfills fairy-tale expectations. W
- Physically Integrated Dance Teacher Training - AXIS Dance Company of California
A week long explorative dance intensive with AXIS Dance Company to challenge and learn new skills derived from the company's working ethos and repertoire that will enhance
- Providence Children's Museum Invitation to Attend Training Sessions
Understanding Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders Thursday, April 9, 2015 noon to 2pm Learn ways to support individuals with autism spectrum disorder as visitors t
- Shrek The Musical - ASL-Interpreted, Sensory-Friendly, and Audio-Described Performances
The Open Door Theater in Acton, Mass. presents "Shrek The Musical" March 20 - 29, 2015 with the following inclusive performances: - ASL-interpreted Sunday, March 22, 2015
- Boston Conservatory's Autism-Friendly Performance of "The Pajama Game"
The Boston Conservatory Theater invites you an autism friendly performance of The Pajama Game . This is a special performance for families and friends of those who have b
- Boston Globe - "Devices Give Blind Filmgoers Oscar-worthy Experience"
Carl Richardson, State House ADA Coordinator and VSA Massachusetts Advisor, is featured in a Boston Globe article about blind movie patrons. Read the article here.
- Sensory-Friendly Family Performance of "The Light Princess" at American Repertory Theater
The Light Princess is a whimsical new musical based on George MacDonald's fairy tale about a princess who is cursed to not have any gravity. The king and queen must help
- CapeCodCAN! Flash Mob of October 17, 2014 - John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum
Managing Director of Cape Cod CAN , Jim Hurley, reports that all who participated were "Dancing in the Street" and mighty "Happy" about it.
- Free VSA Webinar: Strategies for Successful Inclusion in Secondary Music Ensembles
Description: Successful inclusion in secondary performing ensembles like choirs and bands is possible! Inclusion in ensemble settings may also present a number of challen
- ASL/Audio-Described "Alice" at Wheelock Family Theatre
Wheelock Family Theatre presents the professional premiere of a new musical written and directed by Andrew Barbato. Based on the books "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Launches Inclusive Design Initiative
The Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) is putting inclusive design at the center of its work with cultural organizations across the Commonwealth with the announcement of
- Expect. Employ. Empower. Assistive Technology in the Workplace
Celebrate National Disability Employment Awareness Month EXPECT. EMPLOY. EMPOWER. Assistive Technology in the Workplace FREE EVENT; please RSVP by October 18, 2014 6 - 8
- Me2/Orchestra Launches New Ensemble in Boston
Me2/Orchestra is the world’s only classical music ensemble created for individuals with mental illnesses and people who support them. The orchestra was launched in Burlin
- Sensory-Friendly Performances at Barrington Stage Company
Barrington Stage Company of Pittsfield, MA is presenting two sensory-friendly performances this season. Hairspray Jr. - August 2, 2014 at 12:30pm Dancing Lessons - August
- Henderson K-12 Inclusion School Annual Benefit Gala
In 2014, Henderson Inclusion School commemorates their 25th year as an inclusion school and celebrates their expansion to the first ever fully inclusive K12 public school
- R.U.L.E. Wins 2nd Place at 2014 Anime Convention
This is a guest blog post by Minh Nguyen who is one of the founding members of R.U.L.E. which is supported by VSA Massachusetts' fiscal agency Until Tomorrow Productions.
- Come and Join the Yes You Chorus
Yes You Chorus is a Cultural Inclusion Project of VSA Massachusetts and is sponsored by The Seven Hills Foundation. The Yes You Chorus: - Welcomes you if you can't "carry
- VSA Florida and Division of Cultural Affairs Present "Successfully Accessible" Webinar Series
This series of webinars will help arts and cultural organizations to successfully design, create and implement accessible programming, events and environments for their pa
- Official ASL Translation of Martin Luther King Jr's Speech "I have a Dream"
Portions reprinted from BU Today 8/28/2013. Written by Leslie Friday. Commissioned by Boston Landmarks Orchestra for their "I Have a Dream" 50th Anniversary Concert of 20
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Donna Folan
My work is about providing students a way to use creativity to enhance their learning. I believe that every student has an individual learning style. I use theater, movem
- Broadway in Boston Presents Audio Described Performances
Once Sunday January 19, 2014 Tickets $33 Flash Dance Sunday March 23, 2014 Citi Performing Arts Wang Center Tickets starting at $33 The Book of Mormon Sunday April 13, 201
- An Introduction to Audio Description: Making your Cultural Program and Experience Accessible
Cultural Access New England presents "An Introduction to Audio Description: Making your Cultural Program and Experience Accessible to People who are Blind or Have Low-Visi
- Alternatives & Valley CAST Sponsor One-Act Play Festival
Alternatives and Valley CAST have come together to sponsor the One-Act Play Festival on the Mumford and they are encouraging everyone to join them in celebrating actors of
- "Handicap This!" Boston Tour 2013
Handicap This! is a true story that started in 2001 and continues to this day. Mike Berkson and Tim Wambach hope this show will further their message of 'Judgment Not All
- Cape Cod C.A.N. Art is for Everyone Exhibition Opening Reception
The Opening Reception for the Cape Cod Collaborative Arts Network (CapeCodCAN!) Art is for Everyone program is Saturday, November 9, 2013 and YOU ARE INVITED! Art is for E
- ASL-Interpreted Performance of Potted Potter at Paramount Center Mainstage
Critically acclaimed Potted Potter , The Unauthorized Harry Experience, A Parody by Dan and Jeff comes to Boston after a hugely successful tour. All seven Harry Potter bo
- Broadway in Boston Seeks Open-Captioned, ASL Interpreted, and Audio Described Programming Assistance
A message from Broadway in Boston: We strive to present Open-Captioned, American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted, and Audio Described performances each season. As the 201
- VSA MA Receives Cultural Access Award for Inclusive By Design
VSA MA Executive Director Charles Washburn was in Washington, DC last week to receive the VSA Affiliate Council's 2013 Award for Excellence in Cultural Access. The award w
- The Museum of Science Needs Your Help!
A message from the Museum of Science: The Museum of Science, Boston is committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities and strives to create an environment that is
- AMC Theatres Presents Sensory Friendly Films
AMC Theatres brings sensory friendly films to families affected by autism on a monthly basis to select communities. The program provides a special opportunity for families
- Broadway and Beyond Revisited
Cape Cod CAN's three January performances of Broadway and Beyond at The Cotuit Center for the Arts sold out! Now's your chance to revisit the experience one night only at
- Meet the People Behind the Scenes at VSA MA
Join us at an All Access Pass tour to learn more about our work towards educational and cultural inclusion in the arts. We are hosting tours of VSA Massachusetts as a way
- An Introduction to Audio Description: Making your Cultural Program and Experience Accessible
This Event Has Been Postponed Until Fall, 2013. Sorry For The Inconvenience. Cultural Access New England presents "An Introduction to Audio Description: Making your Cultu
- We Have a Dream of Inclusion
VSA intern Julia Beck filmed this video at our partner, The Henderson Inclusion School, a few weeks ago during their Black History Month Show. We think it's pretty awesom
- ASL-Interpreted "Experience the Beatles with Rain" At Hanover Theatre in Worcester
Hanover Theatre presents ASL-interpreted Experience the Beatles with Rain Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 6:30pm. As "the next best thing to seeing The Beatles!" (Associated Pres
- Meet the Intern: Julia Beck
Julia Beck, M.Ed Candidate, Harvard Graduate School of Education '13 What are your favorite pastimes? "Participating in theatre in any way, going to markets (especia
- Assistive Technology Regional Center Upcoming Events
Easter Seals has announced upcoming events at the Assistive Technology Regional Center (ATRC). All events are FREE. January 16 2013, Wednesday 10am-12pm - Apple iDevices:
- CapeCodCAN! Presents Broadway and Beyond
Broadway and Beyond is a musical revue of song, dance, poetry and beyond . . . bringing us back from the future to the heyday of Broadway and celebrating the capabilities
- Silent Rhythms Offers ASL-Interpreted Latin Dance Workshops
Silent Rhythms has partnered with MetaMovements and Kerry Thompson (pictured above) to provide two ASL-interpreted workshops on Latin dancing. The workshops will be held
- CANE Workshop - "Making Your Theatre More Welcoming to People with Disabilities"
- The Life of Bonnie Kaplan - Deaf Community News
The Massachusetts State Association of the Deaf interviewed VSA's Bonnie Kaplan (BK) for the Autumn 2012 issue of Deaf Community News (DCN). DCN: Hi, glad you could join
- 2012 Disability Job Fair
The Disability Job Fair is a free one-day event that connects employers with outstanding, qualified candidates who are blind or visually impaired. The event is sponsored
- Inclusive by Design Concert of 8/22/2012 - Video Now Available
- Staff Benda Bilili Perform at the Institute of Contemporary Art
Staff Benda Bilili , a band from the Congo composed entirely of disabled musicians, will perform a live concert at the Institute of Contemporary Art , Wednesday October 17
- We’re Celebrating Charles J. Washburn’s 25th Year with VSA MA!
Thank you Charlie for your commitment, energy, enthusiasm and innovation! We can’t wait to see what you’ll do next! We gathered quotes, anecdotes, and notes of thanks fro
- VSA's Education Manager Nicole Agois Hurel
VSA Massachusetts Education Manager Nicole Agois Hurel speaks with BNN News about VSA's education programs and the positive impact of expanding access to the arts.
- VSA's Director of Cultural Inclusion Bonnie Kaplan
Emerson College put together a website called Survive and Thrive Boston which includes a section about going Beyond Barriers along with this video of Bonnie Kaplan by Krit
- Ablevision Visits VSA's "All Kids Can" Festival
Ablevision visited the Boston Children's Museum June 10, 2010 to explore VSA's "All Kids Can" Festival, an exhibit dedicated to disability awareness. Ablevision members e
- GIMP Aerial Silk Duet
In association with Alliger Arts and the Institute of Contemporary Art, VSA Massachusetts presented the aerial silk duet choreographed by the renowned choreographer Heidi
- At Dorchester School, Inclusion Through Art
Andrea Smardon aired a feature on WGBH April 26, 2011 answering the question, "Why are people coming from 17 countries to attend the VSA International Conference and learn
- Henderson Inclusion School Featured In BNN Video
BNN (Boston Neighborhood News) aired this video May 13, 2011 about the Henderson Inclusion Elementary School and the arts-based teaching strategies developed with VSA.
- VSA Zestival "Bunny Hop"
BNN News reports on the VSA Zestival "Bunny Hop" which took place July 20, 2011 at South Station in Boston.
- Talk About Dance Accessibility
VSA Teaching Artist Fellow Donna Folan and her colleague VSA MA Teaching Artist Maureen Finnerty represented VSA MA this summer in a discussion about dance accessibility a
- Charles Washburn Co-authors New England Museum Association Article
- Henry Butler - "Inclusive By Design" Concert
Henry Butler, a New Orleans piano legend who has been blind since birth, along with visual artist, Nancy Ostrovsky, demonstrate principles of Universal Design in the perfo
- Invitation: All Access Pass to VSA Massachusetts
Please join VSA Massachusetts at our next All Access Pass tour to learn more about our work towards educational and cultural inclusion in the arts. We are now hosting tou
- Keep Schools COOL As The Summer Heats Up!
Dear Blog Reader, As the summer starts to heat up I am happy to reflect on the successful introduction of our COOL Schools program! The name comes from our belief that in
- Student of the Month
The VSA MA Student of the Month award celebrates the accomplishments of students who have exhibited significant artistic, social or academic growth throughout their partic
- ASL Community Event Featuring LOVE PERSON Playwright
Company One will host an ASL Community Event featuring LOVE PERSON playwright Aditi Brennan Kapil and production team members. The conversation, followed by discussion wi
- Mass. Dept. of Recreation & Conservation Accessible Recreation Fair
The Department of Conservation and Recreation's (DCR) Universal Access Program (UAP) will offer a free fun-filled day of celebrating Accessible Outdoor Recreation availabl
- Salsa in the Park Returns!
Learn how to dance bachata, cha-cha, rueda, salsa, and merengue this summer! There are two lessons between 6 and 7pm - one of which is taught in ASL. Silent Rhythms is th
- "Love Person"
Love Person is a transcendent four-part love story told in Sanskrit, American Sign Language, English and email. Two couples are rocked to their cores when love unexpected
- VSA MA Partners With The Kennedy Center For 2012 LEAD Conference
VSA MA has partnered with The Kennedy Center to bring the 2012 "Leadership Exchange in Arts and Disability" Conference (LEAD) to Boston August 21 - 24, 2012. Events will
- Inclusive by Design Concert
Cahner's Theater at the Museum of Science, Boston August 22, 2012 at 6:15 p.m. FREE but tickets are required Contact RSVP@vsamass.org to reserve your seat. Adrian Anantawa