Tag overview for: 'film'
Entries on this site with 'film'
- Hands-On Training Session for NCAM's Free CADET Software
The Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM) at WGBH has developed free downloadable captioning software, the Caption and Description Editi
- "Letting Go of Adele" - IFFBoston - Somerville Theater
Marty Harris -- a painter who has exhibited in the past at the Open Door Gallery -- and Adele, Marty's service dog, will be featured in a documentary called Letting Go of
- ReelAbilities Film Festival Boston - March 29 - April 6, 2017
The sixth annual ReelAbilities - Boston Disabilities Film Festival takes place March 29 - April 6, 2017. Films include: Life, Animated - This Oscar-nominated documentary
- 2016 ReelAbilities - Boston Disability Film Festival
Mark your calendars for this year's annual ReelAbilities - Boston Disability Film Festival, which starts on April 3, 2016 and ends on April 14, 2016. ReelAbilities strives
- East Coast Premier of "La Casa Linda"
A documentary about disability and independence by Barefoot Vision Film. Written and directed by Fred Woods. Saturday November 7, 2015 at 2pm Cambridge Public Library 449
- Help Shape Boston's Creative Community
Boston Creates , Boston's cultural planning process, draws from a theoretical framework of creative capital, developed by WolfBrown . Creative capital is based on the ide
- "Invitation to Dance" at Regent Theatre, Arlington MA
At age 23, Simi Linton was injured while hitchhiking to Washington to protest the war in Vietnam. Suddenly a young disabled college student, she confronted discrimination
- Belmont World Film Presents the East Coast Premiere of "The Finishers"
The story of Boston Marathon participants Dick Hoyt and his cerebral palsy-stricken son, Rick, were the models for this moving film set in picturesque southern France. A
- The 48 Hour Disability Film Challenge
Hollywood is making a call to action to involve people with disabilities in the media. The second annual Disability Film Challenge will be a weekend short film challenge w
- Boston Globe - "Devices Give Blind Filmgoers Oscar-worthy Experience"
Carl Richardson, State House ADA Coordinator and VSA Massachusetts Advisor, is featured in a Boston Globe article about blind movie patrons. Read the article here.
- Reel Abilities - Disabilities Film Festival Boston
The fourth annual ReelAbilities - Boston Disabilities Film Festival takes place this year February 19 - March 2, 2015. Highlights include: Fixed explores the implications
- Comcast and Sprout Partner to Bring Free Films to On Demand
Anthony Di Salvo , Executive Director of Sprout in New York City contacted VSA's Charles Washburn to let us know about the partnership between Comcast and The Arc & Sprout
- Boston Jewish Film Festival - "Jon Imber's Left Hand" at Museum of Fine Arts
Jon Imber's Left Hand by Richard Kane (2014, 62 minutes). A documentary of the last year in the life of the valiant, renowned Somerville-based artist Jon Imber, who suffe
- Mad in America's International Film Festival
Cambridge-based organization Mad in America, Inc. will be hosting an International Film Festival from October 9-12, 2014 at the Regent Theatre in Arlington, MA with the mi
- Disability Reframed: Community Film Series - "Lars and the Real Girl"
Part of the on-going FREE film series sponsored by the City of Boston Commission for Persons with Disabilities, "Lars and the Real Girl" will be screened Saturday, May 31,
- ReelAbilities - Boston Disabilities Film Festival
The third annual ReelAbilities - Boston Disabilities Film Festival takes place this year January 30 - February 6, 2014. Highlights include: Anita : Anita, a young woman w
- "AKA Doc Pomus" Boston Film Premiere Event
Jerome Solon Felder was the most unlikely of rock & roll icons. Paralyzed with polio as a child, Brooklyn-born Jerome Felder reinvented himself first as a blues singer, r
- AMC Theatres Presents Sensory Friendly Films
AMC Theatres brings sensory friendly films to families affected by autism on a monthly basis to select communities. The program provides a special opportunity for families
- Vinfen's 6th Annual Moving Images Film Festival
"Trinity" by Sharif O'neal Vinfen presents the 6th Annual Moving Images Film Festival Saturday, March 23, 2013 at Harvard Medical School's Joseph B. Martin Conference Cent
- Disability Reframed Presents: Benda Bilili! Documentary Film
Disability Reframed presents a free screening of the documentary film Benda Bilili! , followed by a lively audience discussion. The screening will be held March 2, 2013 f
- Reel Abilities - Disabilities Film Festival
Reel Abilities - Disabilities Film Festival comes to Boston January 31 - February 5, 2013 with 9 international films about people with disabilities that will rock your wor
- VSA Events Inspired By Eleanor Rubin's Open Door Gallery Exhibit
Currently at the Open Door Gallery is Eleanor Rubin's exhibit Progress of the Eclipse: Memory, Memory Loss and Imagination. The artwork grew out of the artist's pain of b
- Disability Reframed: A Community Film Series
Watch "Children of a Lesser God" FREE Saturday, January 12 from 2-5pm at Cambridge Citywide Senior Center, 806 Massachusetts Ave., Central Square, Cambridge. Starring Will
- Meet Me at the Coolidge . . . and Make Memories
ARTZ - Artists for Alzheimer's and Coolidge Corner Theatre present an interactive film program for people with memory loss and their care partners. Meet Me at the Coolidge
- Free Screening of Closed Captioned "Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi"
Watch a screening of "Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi", a coming-of-age movie that explores the life of an exceptional teenager and his hilariously complex and neurotic family, at
- The ARTZ & Dementia Conference
A conference co-sponsored by Hearthstone Alzheimer Care and Hebrew SeniorLife The ARTZ and Dementia Conference: Innovation, Inclusion & Creative Expression The opportunity
- Who Cares About Kelsey?
Kelsey Carroll lived with homelessness, self-mutilation and ADHD. She was a poster child for high school dropouts - until she encountered an education revolution that's a
- Disability Reframed - A FREE Community Film
Lives Worth Living, The Great Fight for Disability Rights , a film by Eric Neudel. This fascinating documentary about the disability rights movement in the U.S. will be f