Tag overview for: 'dance'
Entries on this site with 'dance'
- Step by Step! Dance Classes - Down Syndrome and Autism Sessions
Boston Conservatory at Berklee is expanding its offerings for children with special needs. This spring, Step by Step will continue its dance program for children on the a
- Dance Performance by Abilities Dance
Ellice Patterson of Abilities Dance writes: Abilities Dance was created to provide a professional platform for dancers of all physical abilities. We create the choreograp
- Paid Opportunity for Dancers of All Abilities
Ellice Patterson of Boston Dance Alliance is looking to hire dancers of all abilities for an evening performance February 3, 2017 at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Cente
- Step by Step! Dance Class at Boston Conservatory
Now in its second session, this dance program for children on the autism spectrum teaches the basics of dance while incorporating social skills and the use of imagination
- ICA Seeks Performers for Heidi Latsky's "ON DISPLAY: A Movement Installation"
Heidi Latsky Dance and Boston's Institute of Contemporary Art are seeking a diverse and unconventional cast including people of all ages, with and without disabilities, to
- Belly Dancing with Multiple Sclerosis
By Sandy Alissa Novack. Published in Spaulding Rehabilitation Network's "Disability Issues". Anna Connors was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in 2006. It affects h
- CapeCodCAN! presents Scary Gary's Graveyard of Golden Oldies Radio Show
Cape Cod Collaborative Arts Network – CapeCodCAN! is pleased to present the Cape Cod Premiere of Scary Gary's Graveyard of Golden Oldies Radio Show Musical Review at the C
- ASPiRE! Worcester Presents Wheelchair Dance Performance and Workshop
Please join ASPiRE! Worcester as they welcome some very talented international visitors from Belarus. Ms. Harchakova, a well-known wheelchair athlete and public figure in
- Physically Integrated Dance Teacher Training - AXIS Dance Company of California
A week long explorative dance intensive with AXIS Dance Company to challenge and learn new skills derived from the company's working ethos and repertoire that will enhance
- Articulate Ability - Blind Dancers from India at Regis College
Buse Gowda, Guruprasad, Taraka Ramudu, Satish Rao, and Shivaswamy all hail from the rural districts of Karnataka, India. What they share in common brought them together:
- Join in the Creative Explosion
Are you an artist? Are you an actor? Are you a storyteller? Are you a poet? Creative Explosion brings together young actors and storytellers with disabilities and those wi
- Celebrate National Dance Day With Live Webcast of AXIS Dance Company
The Kennedy Center and Dizzy Feet Foundation in conjunction with Eleanor Holmes Norton , present performances in honor of National Dance Day . AXIS Dance Company offers a
- Dance for PD Movement Class, Panel Discussion at Beth Israel Deaconess
The Mark Morris Dance Group/Brooklyn Parkinson Group and the Celebrity Series of Boston in association with the Parkinson Disease Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical C
- Boston Conservatory Presents Free "Relaxed" Performance of Dance Extravaganza "Limitless"
The Boston Conservatory is offering a "relaxed" presentation of its upcoming spring dance concert, Limitless , on Friday, April 18, 2014 at 11 am. This unique presentation
- Lunch & Learn Lecture with David Leventhal of Dance for PD (Parkinson's Disease)
The Institute for Human Centered Design invites you to attend a Lunch & Learn Lecture with David Leventhal of Dance for PD (Parkinson's Disease). David, a founding teache
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Wilhelmina Peragine
As a teaching artist, I aim to help young people develop a greater sense of their own agency, an increased ability to think from multiple perspectives and a flourishing lo
- Join in the Creative Explosion: 3-Day Workshop Series
Creative Explosion is a 3-Day Workshop Series open to young people 15+ with and without disabilities who want opportunity to play with theatrical improvisation, movement,
- Silent Rhythms Offers ASL-Interpreted Latin Dance Workshops
Silent Rhythms has partnered with MetaMovements and Kerry Thompson (pictured above) to provide two ASL-interpreted workshops on Latin dancing. The workshops will be held
- "ILL Abilities" Breakdance Crew - Live Webcast
Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage Performances will host a live webcast of ILL-Abilities , Friday, October 26 at 6pm. The international breakdance crew performs in a progr
- GIMP Aerial Silk Duet
In association with Alliger Arts and the Institute of Contemporary Art, VSA Massachusetts presented the aerial silk duet choreographed by the renowned choreographer Heidi
- VSA MA Treasurer Jeremy Alliger Featured in Boston Globe
VSA MA Treasurer, Jeremy Alliger, was featured in an April 29, 2011 Boston Globe article .
- Talk About Dance Accessibility
VSA Teaching Artist Fellow Donna Folan and her colleague VSA MA Teaching Artist Maureen Finnerty represented VSA MA this summer in a discussion about dance accessibility a
- COOL Schools Workshops Announced
The Education Department of VSA Massachusetts has scheduled a series of four professional development workshops taking place October 10 - 25, 2012. They include: The Play
- Student of the Month
The VSA MA Student of the Month award celebrates the accomplishments of students who have exhibited significant artistic, social or academic growth throughout their partic
- Salsa in the Park Returns!
Learn how to dance bachata, cha-cha, rueda, salsa, and merengue this summer! There are two lessons between 6 and 7pm - one of which is taught in ASL. Silent Rhythms is th
- First Night Worcester Issues Call for Artists
First Night Worcester issued a "Call for Artists" for the 2013 New Year's Eve celebration. Information and application form are available as a PDF download. The deadline
- Happy Teaching Artist Appreciation Week!
Thanks to all of our teaching artists for bringing a Creative Outlook On Learning to schools across Massachusetts! MUSIC Deborah Stuart shared her immense expertise on wo