Tag overview for: 'cool'
Entries on this site with 'cool'
- Employee of the Quarter - Teaching Artist Jodi Schmidt
Jodi is a delightful recent addition to the COOL Schools family. She embodies the essence of what makes COOL Schools successful: she is a strong collaborator and endeavor
- Meet the Teaching Artist - Mia Branco
As a performing artist I use music and stories as a way to create space for interaction, inspiration, and expression. I enjoy working on projects with unlikely partners a
- Meet the Teaching Artist - Haley Roth
I am a performing artist, yoga teacher, and educational innovator. Over the past ten years, I have combined my two passions (the arts and mindful practices) to encourage
- Meet the Teaching Artist - Szu-Chieh Yun
Artist Statement My current practice explores themes of migration, immigration and transformation with a focus on the Chinese diaspora. As a first-generation Taiwanese-Am
- Employee of the Quarter - Teaching Artist Andy Holiner
The minute Andy walks in through the door and begins strumming his guitar, students' faces light up and smiles abound. Everyone shares in Andy's enthusiasm, wanting you t
- Meet the Teaching Artist: K. Lee Mock
I am a visual artist, primarily working with drawing and painting media. My studio and en plein air practice is both reactionary and reflective. I observe the moving ext
- Meet The Teaching Artist: Emily Frank
Hello! My name is Emily Frank, or Miss Frank, Frank, or Frankie to my students. I am currently one of a few TAs working at the Henderson Inclusion School. I work with l
- Meet The Teaching Artist: Abby Neale
I use art to help students investigate the world around them and imagine their own worlds. When making art, students use the skills of observation, investigation, imaginat
- Meet The Teaching Artist: Jodi Schmidt
I identify most strongly as an Art Educator. As an art teacher I use as many different visual techniques and mediums as possible to help students understand how things wo
- Meet the Intern: Mia Branco
Hello, I’m Mia! I grew up in Newton, MA and I have returned to my home state after spending the past 10 years working as an artist and an educator in Washington, DC. I'm
- VSA Mass. COOL Schools Program Seeks Teaching Artists
VSA MA COOL Schools Program VSA Massachusetts promotes the involvement of people of all abilities in the cultural life our communities by developing arts-integrated progra
- VSA Massachusetts Announces COOL Schools Personnel Changes
Guest blog post by VSA Mass. Vice President and COO Charles Washburn. The new COOL School year is off to a grand start and we have a great team in place to help make it a
- COOL Schools 2014-2015 Report Now Available!
Click the above image or this link to download, print, read the full report.
- Teaching Artist Faye Dupras Named Seven Hills/VSA Mass. Employee of the Quarter
Faye Dupras recently joined the COOL Schools team as a Teaching Artist, sharing her exceptional skills as a puppeteer and educator. She has shown commitment, professional
- Call for Music Therapist/Music Teaching Artist
VSA MA COOL Schools seeks a passionate and experienced music teaching artist/music therapist to lead a music program for students ages 5 - 21 with significant disabilities
- Volunteer at the 2015 All Kids Can Festival!
Come Volunteer at the 2015 All Kids Can Festival! What is the All Kids Can Festival? The 2015 All Kids Can Festival will provide children with and without disabilities in
- We Are COOL All-Stars: Converse Collaborates with VSA's COOL Schools Program
This is a guest blog post by Aysha Upchurch , Ed.M. candidate at Harvard's Graduate School of Education, currently interning with VSA Mass. On Friday, December 12, 2014, s
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Rhianon E. Gutierrez, Media Arts
Mission Statement: As a media arts educator, I explore flexible and dynamic ways to utilize the multimodal possibilities of media to record, examine, and express our under
- Read All About it! COOL Schools Report 13/14 Now Available!
COOL highlights from last year: - COOL grew from 2,023 to 2,445 students, 12 to 17 schools and 106 to 170 teachers. - We started Embodying Literacy, our first yearlong
- Meet the Intern: Aysha Upchurch
I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO and spent the past 17 years in the Washington, DC area (the DMV). I'm in the Arts in Education cohort at Harvard's Graduate School
- Missed VSA's Parkolation Project on WCVB's Chronicle? Watch Here.
WCVB's September 5, 2014 airing of Chronicle featuring ArtWeek Boston's Parkolation event.
- VSA MA Seeks Teaching Artists for 2014-15 School Year
VSA Massachusetts is seeking teaching artists who are interested in creating arts-integrated learning experiences for students of all abilities. We currently have opportun
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Kristine Biegel
For the past seven Mondays, with only 5 more to go, I have traveled from Maine to Mattapan's Ellison Parks Elementary School to work with K0-K1 students as a Teaching Arti
- Arts|Learning & Lesley University Conference "Artful STEM: Transforming Curriculum & Instruction"
Arts|Learning and Lesley University present a conference on the role that the arts can play in support of learning in the STEM subject areas. The conference is Friday, Ma
- Call for Music Therapist/Music Teaching Artist
VSA Massachusetts' COOL Schools seeks a music teaching artist/music therapist to lead a music program for students with significant disabilities ages 5 - 21. The program
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Liz Buchanan
My aim is to provide students with an exciting, meaningful and memorable learning experience through singing, movement and other musical activities. I believe that music i
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Donna Folan
My work is about providing students a way to use creativity to enhance their learning. I believe that every student has an individual learning style. I use theater, movem
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Tim Van Egmond
My work as a teaching artist involves lighting up students' imaginations, and bringing out their unique expressions of creativity in whatever area of learning we're explor
- Parkolation Portfolio Show
Come meet Student Designers as they share their work from the Fall Semester with VSA MA Teaching Artist Wilhelmina Peragine at Boston Green Academy . Student made models o
- Meet the Teaching Artist: Emily Isaacson
I teach creativity and self-confidence. In the twentieth century, we need innovators, entrepreneurs and inventors and there is no better place than the arts to practice cr
- Call for Visual Arts Teaching Artist to work in Early Childhood classrooms in Mattapan
VSA MA COOL Schools seeks a visual arts teaching artist to create an arts-integrated program with teachers in grades K0 - 1st grade in a school in Mattapan, MA. The progr
- Meet the Intern: Leigh Dale
What are your favorite pastimes? "I deeply love listening to podcasts – they're free, and it's just so great to be just commuting to school or work, and absorbing in
- COOL Schools 2012-2013 Report Now Available
The air is crisp, school supplies are arriving on store shelves and the VSA MA team is gearing up for another great year of transformation through the arts in our COOL Sch
- Boston College Students Donate to VSA Massachusetts
This is a guest blog post by Boston College students Laura Hymes and Trent Bielen. Each year at Boston College, Professor Paul Schervish, an expert on studies of wealth an
- Congratulations To Our Partner, Adams Elementary School
The Adams Elementary School received a Community Grant from the Brown Rudnick Center for the Public Interest ! The grant funds will provide iPads to support learning and
- COOL Schools 2011-2012 Report Released
The VSA MA 2011-2012 COOL Schools Education Report has been released and is available for all to review and download .