Tag overview for: 'charles_washburn'
Entries on this site with 'charles_washburn'
- Charles Washburn Announces His Retirement and Successor
A message from Charles Washburn: When Maida Abrams, founder of VSA Massachusetts, approached me about joining her team over thirty years ago, I thought I would help her bu
- Call for Art - "Breaking Barriers" hosted by Mass. Office on Disability
The Massachusetts Office on Disability (MOD) is now accepting submissions for its 2017 Call for Art and juried art exhibition. We are calling on talented Massachusetts re
- Meet the People Behind the Scenes at VSA MA
Join us at an All Access Pass tour to learn more about our work towards educational and cultural inclusion in the arts. We are hosting tours of VSA Massachusetts as a way
- Third Annual Arts in Health Care Conference
Lesley University is teaming with the Boston Arts Consortium for Health, the International Association for Music and Medicine, the Longwood Symphony Orchestra, Harvard Med
- Charles Washburn Interviewed 7/15/2011 by MCB's Horizons Radio
Charles Washburn was interviewed July 15, 2011 for the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind's (MCB) Horizons radio program produced for the Talking Information Center's
- Inclusive by Design Concert of 8/22/2012 - Video Now Available
- Article About Charles Washburn Published in Worcester Living
By: Thomas Caywood As a young arts advocate in Worcester in the 1970s, Charles J. Washburn found himself overcome by a desire to reach out to the most-isolated community h
- We’re Celebrating Charles J. Washburn’s 25th Year with VSA MA!
Thank you Charlie for your commitment, energy, enthusiasm and innovation! We can’t wait to see what you’ll do next! We gathered quotes, anecdotes, and notes of thanks fro
- Ablevision Visits VSA's "All Kids Can" Festival
Ablevision visited the Boston Children's Museum June 10, 2010 to explore VSA's "All Kids Can" Festival, an exhibit dedicated to disability awareness. Ablevision members e
- Arts as Bridge from Disability to Learning
Executive Director Charles Washburn talks about the VSA International Conference in Boston and arts programs helping children in local schools in this segment from BNN New
- Charles Washburn Co-authors New England Museum Association Article
- Henry Butler - "Inclusive By Design" Concert
Henry Butler, a New Orleans piano legend who has been blind since birth, along with visual artist, Nancy Ostrovsky, demonstrate principles of Universal Design in the perfo
- Keep Schools COOL As The Summer Heats Up!
Dear Blog Reader, As the summer starts to heat up I am happy to reflect on the successful introduction of our COOL Schools program! The name comes from our belief that in
- Thank You Jean Kennedy Smith
This video was produced and shown to Ambassador Jean Kennedy Smith at the May 7, 2012 Board of Trustees Meeting, David Rubenstein, Chairman. It includes tributes from Exec
- Charles Washburn interviewed on MCB Radio
MCB's (Massachusetts Commission for the Blind) Horizons Radio affiliate Vince Lombardi interviewed VSA Massachusetts Executive Director Charles Washburn May 4, 2012. Clic