Tag overview for: 'arts_integration'
Entries on this site with 'arts_integration'
- Arts for All Boston Regional Meeting
Join MASSCreative, Arts|Learning, and Arts at the Boston Public Schools for discussion and action steps on how we can best advocate for quality arts education and youth ar
- Symposium on Art for Cultural Inclusion
An innovative symposium and pop-up artist exhibition which showcases the work of Arts Connect International (ACI) Artist Leaders; catalyzing conversations on inclusion in
- 2015 VSA Intersections: Arts and Special Education Conference
Intersections provides professionals in the intersecting fields of arts education and special education the opportunity to share current information in research, practice,
- Teaching Artists Training
For teaching artists in all disciplines and at all stages of their careers. Join us for a gathering of New England teaching artists that will provide you with information
- VSA MA Receives 5-Year $850,000 Contract from Mass. Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education
It's official! VSA Massachusetts has received a renewal of the Arts for Inclusion contract with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DOESE).
- Join Us for an Opening Reception
Artists from the Seven Hills community, in partnership with VSA Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Cultural Council and Seven Hills Family Services, invite you to attend the
- Learning Through Music, for All Abilities
This is a guest blog post by Liz Buchanan . I'm in a room with twenty-five children, four of whom use wheelchairs. As the children act out a song about butterflies, I cho
- Music and the Deaf
Intrigued by our last blog post about a musician who is deaf? Apparently it's not that uncommon, especially for those familiar with a United Kingdom registered charity fo
- Bill Henderson Interviewed on WGBH Radio by Callie Crossley
Bill Henderson, VSA MA consultant and former principal of Boston's O'Hearn School (renamed Henderson School in his honor) was interviewed 10/19/2011 on WGBH radio by Calli
- COOL Schools 2011-2012 Report Released
The VSA MA 2011-2012 COOL Schools Education Report has been released and is available for all to review and download .
- At Dorchester School, Inclusion Through Art
Andrea Smardon aired a feature on WGBH April 26, 2011 answering the question, "Why are people coming from 17 countries to attend the VSA International Conference and learn
- Arts as Bridge from Disability to Learning
Executive Director Charles Washburn talks about the VSA International Conference in Boston and arts programs helping children in local schools in this segment from BNN New
- Henderson Inclusion School Featured In BNN Video
BNN (Boston Neighborhood News) aired this video May 13, 2011 about the Henderson Inclusion Elementary School and the arts-based teaching strategies developed with VSA.
- VSA MA Student of the Month - Sheila Richards
The VSA MA Student of the Month initiative was launched to celebrate the accomplishments of students who have exhibited significant artistic, social or academic growth thr
- PBS Features VSA Mass Teaching Artists In Video
PBS featured VSA Mass teaching artists in a video about engaging students with learning disabilities at the Henderson Inclusion School. For an interactive transcript of t
- "A Closer Look At Learning" Updated
"A Closer Look At Learning" has been updated to include three new case studies of students with autism in a music residency. Everyone may read/print/save/download the PDF
- Happy Teaching Artist Appreciation Week!
Thanks to all of our teaching artists for bringing a Creative Outlook On Learning to schools across Massachusetts! MUSIC Deborah Stuart shared her immense expertise on wo
- Congratulations to Abebe Ticktin from the Henderson Inclusion Elementary School for being named VSA Massachusetts Student of the Month!
The VSA MA Student of the Month award celebrates the accomplishments of students who have exhibited significant artistic, social or academic growth throughout their partic