Tag overview for: 'accessibility'
Entries on this site with 'accessibility'
- Fashion Accessibility Project
2015 marked the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This milestone sparked a conversation with Epicenter Community members with disabilities th
- Access 101 for Walking Events - Presented by Cultural Access New England
Looking to develop street experiences that are better for everybody? This workshop will cover the basics for pedestrian-based tours and events; effective communication, i
- Help the Museum of Science with Access Testing
A message from the Museum of Science: The Museum of Science, Boston is committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities and strives to create an environment that is
- Access . . . It's Not As Scary as You Think!
Cultural Access New England presents "Access . . . It's Not As Scary as You Think!" at Peabody Essex Museum in Salem MA. Many museums, historic sites, and other cultural o
- Assistive Technology Regional Center Announces Winter 2014/2015 Demonstrations
All Demonstrations are Free and held at Easter Seals Technology Center, 89 South Street, Boston. Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:00-12:00 PM - Apple's iOS 8.0: An Introduct
- City of Boston Community Forum on Disability Issues
City of Boston Mayor's Commission for Persons with Disabilities WELCOME ALL TO ATTEND A Community Forum on Disability Issues Boston City Hall – 5th Floor, Piemonte Room We
- VSA Board Member Carl Richardson Advocates in Boston Sunday Globe
Boston Globe, 2/23/2014 Written by David Abel Photo by Suzanne Kreiter Beacon Hill resisting ramps, aids for disabled. For years, Carl Richardson has shuffled gingerly acr
- Assistive Technology Regional Center Fall-Winter Events
Easter Seals announced upcoming events at the Assistive Technology Regional Center (ATRC). All events are FREE. November 13, 2013, Wednesday 3pm - 4:30pm - Linux OS and S
- CANE Open Meeting, Friday, October 18, 2013 9-11am
- A.D.A. Celebration Day in Boston
Mayor Thomas M. Menino and the Mayor's Commission for Persons with Disabilities invites everyone to attend A.D.A. Celebration Day Thursday, July 25 2013, 12 noon – 3 p.m.
- Assistive Technology Conference and Exposition
A full-day of assistive technology workshops and exhibits for people with disabilities, their families educators, therapists and professionals who work in the field of ass
- Meet the People Behind the Scenes at VSA MA
Join us at an All Access Pass tour to learn more about our work towards educational and cultural inclusion in the arts. We are hosting tours of VSA Massachusetts as a way
- An Introduction to Audio Description: Making your Cultural Program and Experience Accessible
This Event Has Been Postponed Until Fall, 2013. Sorry For The Inconvenience. Cultural Access New England presents "An Introduction to Audio Description: Making your Cultu
- Volunteer to Audio Describe Our Exhibits
We need a special volunteer to help make accommodations for people who are blind or who have low vision by audio describing our exhibits. 3 - 6 hours of online training ar
- Internship Opportunity
Williamstown Theatre Festival is excited to announce a partnership with the Rosemary Kennedy Internship Initiative / VSA that will fund scholarships for young theatre arti
- Assistive Technology Regional Center Upcoming Events
Easter Seals has announced upcoming events at the Assistive Technology Regional Center (ATRC). All events are FREE. January 16 2013, Wednesday 10am-12pm - Apple iDevices:
- Institute on Disability Webinar: iPad Adaptations in Minutes
While the iPad is promoted as a universally-designed tool, individuals with various disabilities often benefit from the added support of adaptations. This webinar will de
- CANE Workshop - "Making Your Theatre More Welcoming to People with Disabilities"
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston - Access to Art
Previously we blogged about the Museum of Fine Art's ASL tours held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. The MFA has other noteworthy tours that you might be interested in
- MCB Commissioner Janet LaBreck's Recorded Tour of Open Door Gallery
Commissioner Janet LaBreck along with Jay Rufo of the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB) recently recorded their tour of The Open Door Gallery's Gordon Sasaki NY
- MCB Interview with Simon Hayhoe Including Clips from VSA's 10/5/11 Forum "How the Blind View Art"
The Massachusetts Commission for the Blind's (MCB) Horizons radio program interviewed Fulbright Fellow Simon Hayhoe who participated in VSA's panel discussion "How the Bli
- COOL Schools 2011-2012 Report Released
The VSA MA 2011-2012 COOL Schools Education Report has been released and is available for all to review and download .
- Back to School Special Open House - Academic Tools
The Assistive Technology Regional Center (ATRC) will host a free Open House with hands-on opportunities to see and try out various academic tools such as Kurzweill 3000, L
- Help the Museum of Science Improve Exhibits!
A message from the Museum of Science: The Museum of Science needs your help in accessibility-related exhibit evaluation! We are currently gathering feedback about several
- VSA's Director of Cultural Inclusion Bonnie Kaplan
Emerson College put together a website called Survive and Thrive Boston which includes a section about going Beyond Barriers along with this video of Bonnie Kaplan by Krit
- Ablevision Visits VSA's "All Kids Can" Festival
Ablevision visited the Boston Children's Museum June 10, 2010 to explore VSA's "All Kids Can" Festival, an exhibit dedicated to disability awareness. Ablevision members e
- Talk About Dance Accessibility
VSA Teaching Artist Fellow Donna Folan and her colleague VSA MA Teaching Artist Maureen Finnerty represented VSA MA this summer in a discussion about dance accessibility a
- Bill Henderson authors "The Blind Advantage"
Bill Henderson, VSA Mass. consultant and former principal of Boston's O'Hearn School (renamed Henderson School), has authored a book titled "The Blind Advantage - How Goin
- Charles Washburn Co-authors New England Museum Association Article
- Henry Butler - "Inclusive By Design" Concert
Henry Butler, a New Orleans piano legend who has been blind since birth, along with visual artist, Nancy Ostrovsky, demonstrate principles of Universal Design in the perfo
- Free Fun Fridays
The Highland Street Foundation is sponsoring "Free Fun Fridays" throughout Massachusetts, June 29 through August 31. Attractions include: Tanglewood, Isabella Stewart Gard
- Disability Reframed - A FREE Community Film
Lives Worth Living, The Great Fight for Disability Rights , a film by Eric Neudel. This fascinating documentary about the disability rights movement in the U.S. will be f